How well do you know the bride? If you plan a bridal shower, you may want to get to know the bride better. The only thing to do at such a moment is to engage the bride and the bridal party fully. To do that, you must carefully ask a few questions that will help you get to know them better. It is also about knowing who knows the bride better and who is her best friend. You should have materials such as photographs, cards, pictures, and so on to help you do this exercise. In this article, you will find more about the game of how well you know the bride.
The rules of the game
Each game has its own rules, and this is not an exception. You can begin the game by:
1. Creating a list of 20 questions
You need to come up with exciting and varied questions. Some of them should be funny, some obvious, while some should be more profound questions. You will be able to find a lot of examples on the internet.
2. Prepare your question sheet earlier on
You must prepare the questions for each guest, so you must print out plenty of question sheets. A good idea is to place a blank sheet of paper at the beginning of each document, and ladies will have to sign their names when they get it. It will give the impression of being more formal but optional.
3. Hand out the sheets to the guests
The guest will be asked to answer the questions as well as they can. You need to place the sheets on a table that is located in some convenient place. It has to be easily accessible. Then let the guests know that before the end of the event, they must turn in their sheets to you.
4. Ask the guests to swap their answers
When this is done, every guest will have an opportunity to see what her friends have written about her. Nobody should remain with the sheet she has written so that you can know who knows the bride better.
5. Ask the bride the questions
Once the sheets are collected and made anonymous, you can start asking the bride questions to see if she knows who is lying and why. As she answers, each guest will check the sheet they have; for every right, they give a point.
6. Tally up the final score
After the final scoring, you can determine the winner of the game. Ask the graders to issue back the sheets to their respective owners. The person with a higher score will be the one who knows her best and is her best friend.
7. Give the winner a prize
It is an essential part of the game. You should give the winner a gift that she deserves. You could gift her some chocolate, a bottle of champagne, or a gift voucher to CVS. You should always receive an idea of what is a good gift.
What questions can you have?
There must be a list of who knows the bride’s best questions you need to ask now. Below are the questions that the guests can engage in:
1. Questions about her past
These should be the best questions, especially to her old friends who have known her for many years. It should include her history and past experiences. The questions could be:
- What was the bride’s favorite subject in school?
- Which were her favorite sports in school?
- How was she brought up?
- What was her first pet’s name?
- When was her first kiss, and who was it with?
2. Quirky questions about the bride
This should be one of your best questions to make the game enjoyable. These are some examples of quirky questions:
- What is the bride’s favorite color?
- What is her favorite song?
- What is her favorite thing to do on a weekend?
- Who is her celebrity crush?
- What is her hidden talent?
- Would she rather cheat on her fiancé or snitch on her best friends?
3. Questions that she would not know
This is an important thing to get the guest to think. These can be questions like:
- When did the bride’s parents meet?
- Who has been her best friend?
- What is her biggest joke?
- Who is the bride’s favorite musician?
- What was her first job, and how much did she make?
- What is her idea of perfect happiness?
4. General questions about the bride
There are several good questions that you can ask at this moment. Most of these questions are known by almost all her friends at the bridal shower party. You can ask:
- What is the bride’s favorite drink?
- What is her favorite food?
- Where does she like to go on vacation?
- What is her favorite hobby?
- What is her most embarrassing story?
5. Quirky questions about the bridesmaids
This is another exciting thing you can ask at the party so that the bride becomes more curious and intrigued. These are some examples of the questions:
- Where do the bridesmaid and bride like to shop?
- Who is her biggest rival?
- Who is her celebrity crush?
- Why did she go for them and not others?
- Who is the meanest girl in the bridal shower party?
6. In-depth questions concerning the bride
This is the best for you to get more information about the bride. Think about questions that not everybody knows and are only known to her closest associates. You could ask:
- What is her favorite time of year?
- What are her favorite flowers?
- What are her worst moments?
- What breaks her the most?
- What is the most beautiful place on Earth to her?
- What is her favorite book, movie, or show?
7. Questions that will make her think
This part of your questions can help the bride to think. You need to ask questions that will make her ponder. You may want to ask:
- Who was the most influential person in her life?
- What is the most embarrassing thing she has done?
- What is the most challenging thing she has ever done?
- What are the smallest and most significant things about her?
- What is the difference between being patient and being nice?
- Where does she think she will be when she reaches fifty years old?
8. Questions about how the bride feels about the wedding or what she wants
This is the best for to find out about her feelings and wishes. You need to ask:
- What does she think about the wedding?
- Is there anything she doesn’t like about the wedding venue?
- What does she want from a wedding?
- Why did she opt for her fiancé; rather than somebody else?
- Who decided on her theme color?
9. Questions about the couple
You’ve watched the couple’s story unfold, and you probably want to take her back to when they met and how it all began. You can ask the following questions:
- Where did they meet?
- When did they start dating?
- What is the most romantic thing they have ever done together?
- What was their first date like?
- What was their first kiss like?
- What are the love languages they use when they are together?
10. Questions about the bridal shower
What better way to ask questions than to ask the bride what she wants from the bridal shower party? You might want to ask:
- What is the first thing you want to be opened?
- What is something you have always wanted but never got?
- What is the bridal shower theme you want?
- What are some things you would like to see at your bridal shower?
- Is there anything else you would like us to do for you?
11. Questions about her fiancé
This is a part of the game that everyone wants to ask and know. You can ask questions like:
- How long have you two been together?
- How do you feel about the wedding?
- If given another chance, would you still marry your man?
- What are the things you love most about him?
- What do you love about him?
- What is the one thing that makes him laugh the most?
- What are some of your favorite things about him?
- If he were to leave you, what would keep you going?
In conclusion, a bridal shower is different from other parties. It has a more serious purpose of honoring the bride-to-be, and it’s more like a gift-giving ceremony. To make it more enjoyable, ask questions that can make the bride think and her friends have fun. Before you ask questions, you should prepare some good questions that will help you get other information about the bride and her fiancé.
Do not fear if you cannot think of any questions and if you get anxious. It is okay if you feel nervous when you are asking, and it does not matter if there are more questions than answers because what’s most important is that you have fun. The fun part will be the bridesmaids laughing at their responses. If they do not laugh, the questions were not funny enough to them.